Alan Goode is the Director of Yoga Mandir in Canberra. He is a senior teacher and a direct student of BKS Iyengar: one of the most influential teachers of Yoga in the last century.
Alan began Yoga in Sydney in 1975 and continues to travel regularly to India to study with the Iyengar family at their institute in Pune.
As an Iyengar Yoga Institute, Yoga Mandir aims to provide the teachings of BKS Iyengar through its programs offered to a national audience. These include:
- Practitioner programs for students at all levels
- 3 year teacher training programs for local and interstate students
- Ongoing teacher development for certified teachers
- Teacher mentorships
- Specialist programs for those with injuries and medical conditions
- Public talks on Yoga philosophy
- Online study material for remote area student and teachers
- Residential retreats
Alan is passionately involved with the practice of yoga and its application to daily life. Through his writing he unravels the themes of the yoga sutras and demonstrates their link to our daily practice. Alan has developed an extensive resource library and engages in ongoing research work to expand the public knowledge of Yoga.